How To Write SEO Friendly Content
What is SEO Friendly content
To rank your content on Google and other search engines, try to write SEO- friendly contents. Marketers think that keyword stuffing will help to rank contents on Google and different other search engines. Because search engines work in a robotic way, based on certain keywords. SEO or search engine optimization helps your content to get a good position on search engines.
Let’s see the steps of how to write SEO friendly content.
How to Start Writing SEO-Optimized Articles
- Step 1- Start with research
Before writing a content, select a topic and search related keywords and LSI keywords and then go for a deep research on your topic. Then decide some points-
- Target keywords
- Length of your article/ word count
- Make an outline by taking idea from existing articles
- Search for what people want to know and frequently asked questions
Selecting the right keywords is very important because it helps you to dominate search results of different search engines like Google and others. On the contrary, choosing the wrong keyword will lower your search volume and audience reaching rate. Understanding the audience’s intent and what they are looking for is very important to write SEO friendly content. Also, giving precise and accurate information is very important. You can also use different search tools to find the right keywords for your topic.
Remember, a content must be written based on multiple keywords because it increases the chances to get a better ranking.
Note SEMrush is a good website to help you on your keyword research. You will also get ideas on your target keywords.
- Step 2- Type of contents
What is currently ranking on Google and what topics people are searching most or showing a great interest, choose a topic from them and write your content with no plagiarism. Enter your keyword to see the possibility of your content to be ranked on Google.
- Step 3- Find the ideal length
Do a comparative study on existing ranked articles on your selected topic to find the exact or idle length for your article. You can also use tools like SEMrush or idle content length checker to select your content’s length.
- Step 4- Make an outline
Now, make an outline for your article by analyzing top ranked articles from Google and don’t forget to search every related keyword to make a better outline. Because individual keywords will show you different ranked articles and you will get a good idea what you should focus on most.
Don’t forget to add title, meta description, images in your content. Also, keep one or two parts in your content for Google snippets. Even, your content can be ranked on Google through snippets.
- Step 5- People also ask
When you search a topic or keyword on Google, you will see a section called people also ask. You can also get some relevant points from that section and taking idea from that, add some question- answers to your content too.
After writing a SEO- friendly content, you will obviously want it to post on WordPress. Isn’t it? Let’s see how to post content on WordPress.
1. Post Title and Meta Title
There are two types of titles for SEO- friendly content.
- Post Title: Post title is the title that people will see after entering your site.
- Meta Title: Meta title defines how search engines will show your content.
In most cases, the two types of titles are the same. But it can be different too.
Note: Include your one or two keywords in the meta title and keep it less than 66 characters, not words.
2. Meta Description
Meta description is important for search engine ranking. Every SEO plugin wants you to add a meta description to your content. It provides a summary of your content. It is a kind of sales copy to your blog post. Include your main keyword or one or two related keywords to your meta description to make it a good one.
3. Add Images
Adding related images is very important for SEO- friendly content. But Google can’t read images. Include an image title for Google to understand your image and its purpose. Google can understand images through texts. So, if possible, add a good title to your images too.
4. Interlink and Anchor Text
Interlink your old posts or related posts to make your audience browse more on your site. It will increase your site’s average browsing timing too. You can also link videos from YouTube or related posts from other sites too. But make sure they are good enough and related to your content topic. Otherwise, people have a bad impression of your site.
This criterion will help you to get a good navigability score and reduce the bounce rate which is another important factor of SEO friendly content. Use the anchor text method before interlinking other contents to your post. It will also create a good impression to the audience.
5. Heading Tags
Use different heading tags for proper SEO optimization of your content. It is an important aspect of SEO. Use H1, H2, H3 headings where necessary and it will make your content look more organized. For post title or main keyword, use H1 heading and then H2 for subheading 2 and H3, H4, H5 for further sub headings. Just maintain a pattern while using headings.
While making outlines, it is better to select your headings and sub- headings too. It will give you an idea what you should write under individual headings. Make small paragraphs consisting of 3- 5 lines to make your content SEO- friendly.
Yes, it needs effort and proper attention to write SEO- friendly content. Keyword research, making an outline, using headings and sub- headings are key responsibilities of writing a SEO- friendly content. It also becomes user- friendly content.
Some specific information
- Generate with Quora for variant types of keywords.
- Then search on Google with your related filtered keywords for more information and to know about the audience’s interest.
- Google Autocomplete is a tool that provides keyword suggestions based on real audience’s searches.
- SE Ranking is another tool to help you in keyword research.
- Search for different resources and pages to get ideas about people’s interests.
- Do a comparative study on your competitive site’s keywords to get an idea about traffic and its possibility to rank on Google.
- Include your target keywords in an organized way at the proper place where it is needed.
- Alternatively, over use of keywords will hamper your content’s quality. Avoid keyword stuffing too.
- Include your keywords where it is needed in a natural way. Don’t make it complex. A better way of doing it is to look and read your content from a viewer’s perspective.
More about SEO- friendly content writing
- Follow a solid and appropriate structure for your content. Divide your content into different parts and use different headings to organize your thoughts.
- A single content mainly includes three sections, introduction, body part and conclusion. Then divide your body part into small sections or sub- headings to organize your content.
- Give relevant information, use icons, charts, tables to make your content attractive to the audience.
- Titles have a huge influence on SEO supported contents. Try to write a catchy and attractive title for your content. So that it can grab the attention of your audience. Follow three simple steps-
- Use your target keyword in the title
- Keep title less than 60 characters
- Use a title that will shortly describe your content’s topic
Use a co- schedule tool if you need to check the quality of your content. Use some modifiers like best, amazing, funny, how to or numbers like 10, 12, 15 etc., to grab audience’s attraction. Keep your content’s URL simple and add your site’s name to it if possible.
- Most people use mobile and it is easy to rank mobile- friendly contents. So, make your content mobile- friendly and reduce the loading time of your page. Use navigation bar and layouts for your content to make it attractive.
- Updating your contents regularly is very important for your site’s ranking. Also, write latest trend-based contents and choose audience- friendly and most- searched topics from the internet.
- Use a share button for social media and make your content easily accessible. But don’t make your content unnecessary lengthy.
Some Writing tips for SEO-friendly blog posts
- For SEO- friendly blog posts, think before you write and make an outline with related keywords and necessary headings and choose a length for your content.
- Follow your selected structure and if you gathered a lot of information, organize them according to your plan. Also, try to make your content plagiarism free. Because duplicate contents do not get good ranking on Google.
- Use small paragraphs, headings and transition words so that the audience doesn’t leave your site fast and every second has been counted for a website to be ranked.
- Use synonyms and paraphrasing techniques for your SEO- friendly content.
10 Tips for Writing SEO Friendly Blog Posts
Find 10 tips for your SEO- friendly content. It will help you to understand how to set a SEO- supported content. Of course, it is not easy to write SEO- based content. You have to maintain certain rules because Google is not a human being, it will judge your content by looking at its features and keywords.
- Think and research on the topic before start writing
- Create an outline for your post
- Use headings and sub- headings
- Use related keywords
- Make internal linking to your post
- Write appropriate title and meta description for your post
- Include images with alt text
- Use keywords where is necessary
- Don’t make your content unnecessary lengthy
Understand Audience’s psychology
It is an important and critical term for SEO- friendly writings because the audience’s need and psychology is important to understand their mindset. Keep the language simple for mass people understanding and people will be bored after seeing a lengthy content.
Also, stuffing keywords and repeating the same thing also can be the reason of audience’s to be bored. try to give accurate information in short language. It will create a good impression. Using topic sentences at the beginning of every paragraph also increases the quality of your content.
To grab the audience’s attention, try to use bullet points, tables, charts, short notes in your content. try to summarize or mention key takeaways at the end so that the audience will get an overall idea of the content. Also, to understand the reader’s psychology, it is important to view the content from the reader’s point of view.
The bottom line
That is how you can write SEO- friendly content. But don’t forget to follow the steps. And while writing, please be careful and revise your content after writing. Research is very important for SEO optimization. Make your content concise and a professional one. You can also join online courses to learn how to write SEO- friendly content.
That’s all for today. Do you find this content helpful? Comment below for further inquiries. Thank you for being with us.