What is CMS | Learn Basic to Advanced
What Are The Best CMS for Blogs?
Blogging is an awesome way to express yourself. Your thoughts, opinions, beliefs, interests, and latest news can be your blog’s niche. Also, you can earn from blogging too. It has many advantages and possibilities. There are a lot of CMS platforms available online. Through this article I am going to discuss what are the best CMS platforms for your blog.
Please read the article till the end to get in detail information about the best CMS for blogs.
What is CMS
A CMS or Content Management System is a platform through which you can create any website without any knowledge of coding. From a vast CMS options sometimes, it may seem tough to choose the best one for your site.
Choose a CMS?
When you are choosing a CMS, consider the features below:
Price: you have to obviously consider the price before choosing a CMS for your blog. Sometimes you need to pay for the hosting of your blog and sometimes you have to buy the entire software from the company. There are different packages available for CMS pricing.
Support System: Analyze the support system and choose a CMS for your blog that will give 24/7 unlimited support system.
Security: Find out the CMS with the best security system for your blog. Choose that one which will provide you automatic security service. In this way, your pressure will become less and your blog will remain safe too.
Personalization: For increasing marketing and conversion rate, choose a CMS that will allow you to personalize your visitor’s experiences.
Now, look at the list of best CMS platforms for your blog. Are you ready?
Best CMS Platform for Your Blog
WordPress is a well-known and widely used CMS platform now. It is a standard platform because it offers huge opportunities and unique themes and plugins and also a 24/7 support system. Register a domain name and choose a web hosting service for your WP website and then customize your site and start blogging.
Advantages of WordPress
- You will have full control over your site
- Enjoy and access free plugins for your site
- Features like paid membership, forum, online store are available
- You will get a large community and 24/7 support with full security
- It is very flexible to use and does not need coding knowledge to create a professional website
- You have freedom for your content and your site
- WordPress is very helpful for SEO optimized contents and articles, images, URLs and so on.
Disadvantages of WordPress
- You have to learn a lot of things like how to create SEO- friendly content, how to optimize your contents, how to buy plugins and others.
- You have to buy your domain for earning through WordPress
- You can’t earn from your site after your package is over and unless you activate a new package
Gator is another blogging platform through which you can start your blogging website. You can run your WordPress blog too. If you think you are not comfortable using WordPress as your CMS then you can shift your entire blog to Gator. It offers drag & drop tools too.
Advantages of Gator
- Gator offers quick setup opportunity
- It is easy to use with less technology knowledge too
- You will get free domains and SSL certificates
Disadvantages of Gator
- Gator offers limited apps and extensions
- You have to pay for Gator and there is no free account opportunity here
- For e- commerce functions, you have to select a high- range plan
Next in this list we have Ghost platform. It has already gained enough popularity to be included in best CMS platform list. This platform is specially designed for bloggers with lots of opportunities. It offers user- friendly interference. It has two types of options. You can choose a self- hosted plan or Ghost pro plan. Ghost is a popular CMS platform for artists and small bloggers because it offers lots of widgets to make your page stylish, attractive and beautiful. Bloggers can bring design variations and also include new designs that may attract other bloggers.
Let’s examine the advantages and disadvantages of this platform together.
Advantages of Ghost CMS Platform
- You will enjoy intuitive interface with Ghost platform
- SEO optimizations are ready here. So, your work will become less
- The main emphasis is given on blogging and art
- A lot of widgets and tools are available here specially for artists
Disadvantages of Ghost CMS Platform
- The self- hosted version is actually quite difficult to set up
- It offers limited themes and configurations
- Customization method is quite difficult with this platform
HubSpot CMS Hub
HubSpot is mainly designed for marketing experts and businessmen. It includes sales service, operation tools, and marketing automation for your business. This CMS tool is helpful to grow your business. It is a good platform for entrepreneurs too.
Price: There are three types of packages: Starter, Professional and Enterprise. Choose one pack that is affordable for you.
The starter package will cost you 75 Australian dollars per month. The Professional package costs 1279 Australian dollars per month. Then the Enterprise package needs 4610 Australian dollars per month.
Now, look at the advantages and disadvantages of CMS Hub below-
Advantages of CMS Hub
- HubSpot is very easy to use and there is no technical use
- It has drug and drop tool, SEO tool, editor tools help to create a optimized and attractive content for viewers
- They have separate options for web developers
- It has great security features and email marketing tool
- They offer free trial for a certain period
Disadvantages of CMS Hub
- There is no free version of CMS Hub
- It is not a recommended platform to create e- commerce sites
Joomla was released in 2005 and is a good CMS platform for developers. Like WordPress, Joomla also needs to register and purchase a domain name. it offers lots of templates and extensions. Although Joomla is not a good choice for beginners. But it is an ideal platform for experienced website owners and creators.
Price: creating an account in Joomla is free. But you have to pay for domain name and web hosting.
Note: SiteGround offers a special Joomla hosting plan with lots of features for Joomla users.
Advantages of Joomla
- Joomla offers flexibility with lots of options
- Joomla is a good platform if you are building something complicated specifically for complicated websites.
- It is very easy to edit your content with Joomla. You don’t need to know coding for that
- Joomla is an open platform with available 24 hours support system
- You can also use Joomla for running e- commerce stores
Disadvantages of Joomla
- Joomla is a comparatively complex platform
- You may need to become an expert or hire a developer to run your site
- You may not get lots of options and variety in the case of themes and plugins like WordPress.
- There are some compatibility issues with Joomla too
Shopify is another well- known CMS platform where you don’t need any hosting purchase or software installation. There is no problem with updates and backups. It is a great platform for buy and sale and to create online stores.
Price: For basic Shopify plan, you have to spend $29 per month. On the other hand, for more features you have to choose an exclusive plan that will cost you $299 per month.
Advantages of Shopify
- You can accept PayPal payment and payments from credit and debit cards through Spotify payment solution
- Use third- party Shopify apps to add exciting features to your online store
- A lot of variety of themes and extension available in Spotify
- It offers 2/7 support system with variety of medium like email, chat, phone, twitter
- It also has written guide and video tutorial and forum for guidance
Disadvantages of Shopify
- If you add lots of third- party apps to your online store, it may increase your costs
- Shopify apps are limited in many purposes
For highly customized sites with a lot of data, Drupal is a good CMS platform to use. It is used as a platform for major websites like university and economic sites. Because Drupal is a good platform to handle a lot of data together.
You can buy a specific Drupal plan from SiteGround or transfer your already existing Drupal site and free installation offer.
Advantages of Drupal
- Adding contents is quite easy with Drupal
- A variety of options available for modules in Drupal and you can use them to build your site
- User management is not that much difficult with Drupal and access the permission with certain roles for your site developer team
Disadvantages of Drupal
- This site is not suitable for beginners
- It is quite difficult to change the outlook and appearance with Drupal
- Customized themes are very expensive for websites with Drupal
Woo commerce is a well- known platform for online stores and e- commerce sites. But you will need a WordPress site to install WooCommerce. It offers lots of extensions and a good option to run online stores. You can sell physical products, digital products, affiliate products and links through WooCommerce. It is very easy to use and run a website through WooCommerce.
Bottom Line – What is CMS | Learn Basic to Advanced
Here, we have discussed about 8 well- known CMS platforms. For blogging, most people like to use WordPress though its domain is not free. But it offers a lot of options and a vast variety in themes and plugins which users like to use. Technically, all CMS platforms have advantages and disadvantages. But you have to choose one of them with both its positive and negative sides. Choose a platform in which you can handle negative sites and run your site successfully.
That’s all for today. Which CMS platform do you prefer to use? Also, do you like this article? Please mention your comment below. Thank you for being with us.